Farming in Morocco.


I always knew that farming required hard work, but I needed to realize how much science, research, money, investments, and time it takes to have a successful agricultural business. This trip opened my eyes to understand many facets of the farming industry.

This trip made me realize that diversity is essential in the crop production business. You can only have some of your money on one crop to grow in the industry because demand changes, climate, and environmental threats all impact the success of the farming industry.

Farmers must ensure they have many options, as I Berry founder and managing Director Mr. Ismailli stated today at his farm. Farming needs to evolve to adapt to climate change; for example, to respond to consumers' demands and concerns like using green energy. 

I -Berry, a company that started ten years ago, began with growing berries, and strawberries only had to diversify to sustain its business, respond to consumer demand, and compete on the international market.

As someone who is pursuing a social work career, I was pleased to see the link between farming business and social and economic projects to support disadvantaged members of the local community, 

Mr. Ismailli, for example, mentioned during his presentation that they supported building a local community school and women's empowerment projects. 

"Since becoming an I -Berry grower, the results of my family's farms have improved significantly, and at the same time, we feel a strong connection and recognition in our community."

https://iberry.farm,


Popular posts from this blog

Who Am I? Think Again. Exploring Authentic Identities

Culture: Young Entrepreneurs in Morocco

Blog Post 1